Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Baby Violet Gets Her First Neb -- Jen, Ben: Start Reading My Blog

Baby Violet Affleck had her first trip to the ER - and, presumably, her first nebulizer treatment - when she was rushed to the emergency room back on April 8. Apparently, baby Violet was having difficulty breathing.

According to the article I read: "Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's daughter Violet Affleck was rushed to a Century City medical office because she was having trouble breathing. The 4-month-old was then treated and tested for asthma before being released an hour later, said an insider."

Tested for asthma. Really? How did she do? I didn't realize there was a definitive test for asthma! I'll have to alert my pediatric pulmonologist. I'm sure she'll be pleased to hear the news. Gosh, when I think of all the time we've wasted on pulse oximeters, chest x-rays and peak flow meters. And all this time, there was a test!

Maybe you have to be an A-List Celeb to get one. Sort of like a scheduled C-section (for no reason other than to accommodate Mom's busy schedule).

Oh, and I loved this comment on that post:

"Asthma can be very scary, but it is also very treatable if it not too severe.... The good news is if she does have asthma, the odds are extremely good that she will outgrow it by the time she is 4. Childhood asthma is much more common than most people think. Hopefully, she will be okay and all will be well!"

And it's all good ..until the part about outgrowing it by age 4. Another bit of good news for me! Who knew that we could have taken #1 son off his Flovent, Singulair and Nasonex eight months ago, when he turned 4? Think of all the time and money we could have saved....

Sorry if I'm being uncommonly bitchy, but ignorance REALLY pisses me off.

No comments: