Monday, November 20, 2006

Giving thanks...for Flovent and Nebulizers

Thanksgiving's almost here, and - like last year - Oz has RSV again. At least I'm pretty sure it's RSV. We're leaving for the peds. pulmo. in 20 minutes, so I'll know for sure later.

So...yea. Once again, I'll be rushing home from my plate of side dishes (hi, lifelong veg) to administer nebulizer treatments every 3 hours around the clock.

But really, I am thankful. I'm thankful that after over four years of dealing with asthmatic babies, I finally feel like I know what I'm doing. I fearlessly administer Xopenex at the first sign of a cough, and add DuoNeb every 3 hours if things start going south. I no longer feel compelled to go to the ER every time someone's cough spirals out of control. I don't even need to see the PP *every* time one of the boys is sick.

Don't get me wrong -- I still go when we need to. I just don't PANIC anymore.

I'm also thankful that not one of my boys has required hospitalization since 2002. Let's hope I can be thankful for that again next year. :-)

...one final note: Apologies for the two month hiatus. So busy with work and three kids, and big B's Asperger's Syndrome has consumed a good deal of my maternal concern. There may be another blog in that one.

No comments: