Monday, January 24, 2005

Magnesium Infusion Helps Kids with Asthma Attacks

I don't know how I missed this!

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - For children who need to go to the ER because of a severe asthma attack, giving them an intravenous infusion of magnesium sulphate along with conventional medications provides an additional benefit, Hong Kong doctors report. (Click here to read the whole article)

Carmen wrote in to let me know about this, as it was reported on HealthDay on January 7. According to her, "the last time my daughter had an asthma attack I gave her 1 - 2 tsp (5 - 10 ml) milk of magnesia every day and could decrease her breathing treatments by about 75% !!!!!! she just didn't wheeze as much, period!"

Note that this was administered *in addition to* regular asthma meds.

Love to hear from anyone else who's tried this!

No comments: