Monday, December 06, 2004

A moment to bitch and moan...

...after all, that's why I started blogging, right?

My infant, now nearly 8 months old, has been suffering from something asthma-like for the past month or so. Snurfling through the night, coughing until he vomits, etc.

And while I'm unbelievably concerned for him - his long-term health *and* his comfort - my rant has to focus on this: I haven't had a full-night's sleep in at LEAST six weeks. I feel like utter poo. My sleep sensor is set to "light" since I need to be prepared to race in and rescue the baby the moment he starts couging. So I'm up at least once or twice a night, usually more frequently, for an hour or more.

So while the baby is wonderfully happy, sweet and peaceful throughout the day, I now feel (and look) a little bit like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

To the guys I work with: Good luck.

No comments: